Olivier Arteau ,
Olivier Arteau is a security researcher that works for Desjardins. In his early day, he was a web developer and transitioned into the security field during his university. He gave in the last few years a good amount of workshop for the user group MontreHack and is also part of the organization of a few CTFs (Mini-CTF OWASP and NorthSec).
Workshop: Introduction to appliance reverse engineering
This workshop is a follow-up to Leveraging UART, SPI and JTAG for firmware extraction
Do you need to analyze a product that was shipped with a locked down operating system ? This workshop will cover the basic of analyzing this type of product.
The following topics will be covered :
- Making a locked down operating system easier to debug.
- Extracting files from a virtual machine and sending files to a virtual machine.
- Tools to reverse engineer common format (.war, .jar and .pyc).
- Identifying the endpoints of an appliance.
- Identifying points of interest to find vulnerabilities.
Participants should bring:
The following tools are required for the workshop :
- A Linux VM (if your main OS isn't Linux based).
- It's recommended to download the content of the workshop before the start of the workshop. Link will be provided a few days before the event.
Participants must know or have: