Olivier Arteau Security Researcher, Desjardins
Olivier Arteau is a security researcher that works for Desjardins. In his early day, he was a web developer and transitioned into the security field during his university. He gave in the last few years a good amount of workshop for the user group MontreHack and is also part of the organization of a few CTFs (Mini-CTF OWASP and NorthSec).
Workshop: Introduction to appliance reverse engineering
Do you need to analyze a product that was shipped with a locked down operating system ? This workshop will cover the basic of analyzing this type of product.
The following topics will be covered :
- Making a locked down operating system easier to debug.
- Extracting files from a virtual machine and sending files to a virtual machine.
- Tools to reverse engineer common format (.war, .jar and .pyc).
- Identifying the endpoints of an appliance.
- Identifying points of interest to find vulnerabilities.
Participants should bring:
The following tools are required for the workshop :
- A Linux VM (if your main OS isn't Linux based).
- It's recommended to download the content of the workshop before the start of the workshop. The password will be provided at the start of the workshop. The packages contains the slides, exercices and OVA.
Participants must know or have: